Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 5 volunteering

Before volunteering we stopped at a market today. I'm trying to find fishermans pants but I can never find them, hopefully the next market has some. I instead bought some work boots for only 80 baht, which is less than 3 dollars:). I love how cheap everything is here. I withdrew 150 dollars worth of Thai baht when the trip began and I'm still far from running out. You can eat a nice, full meal for a dollar or 2 dollars here if you wanted, it's amazing.

There wasn't a lot for us to do today. Since it was rainy we couldn't cement Che bah's pool today. All I really did was help dig a drainage trench for the pool and help plant some trees. Other volunteers fed the monkeys and painted the storage area. 2 English volunteers were there who helped out as well, one of them had more piercings than I've ever seen on a person it was funny.

Tomorrow we are mixing things up and are going to a hill tribe community elementary school and visiting the kids. We are going to teach them English, not sure how yet but hopefully it goes well. I'm really excited though it should be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, the spider is outrageous! That is what I pictured, a spider with an attitude. You are going to miss that bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spiders here are outrageous! I will miss her so much:(

    ReplyDelete