Sunday, July 8, 2012

2nd day

We did a lot today! Woke up to some nice breakfast and headed out to a market. I bought myself a chicken skewer, shirt, some chips that looked like penne noodles, and a bar of soap. After that we headed out to our project site where we got to see the animals, an asiatic black bear and 2 macaques. As I had imagined, there is a lot of infrastructure work we have to do. We start working tomorrow so more will be released on that. After seeing our project, we went and got Thai "fast food" which ended up being amazing and delicious unlike American fast food. When we finished eating we rode up to a beautiful temple overlooking Chiang Dao, high up on a hill. Once we did that we headed to a waterfall area, it wasn't too steep so we could climb up the falls for quite a ways, it was adventurous! My tour leader Damien (who ironically has a monkey tattoo) was climbing up trees really high above the water. As if hiking up waterfalls wasn't enough, we capped off the day by relaxing in some Hot springs. Another great day in Thailand, tomorrow the work begins, I'll let you know how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. So I just got home from the cabin and I am catching up on your blog and amazing pictures.
    My comment: WOW. Just WOW.

    ReplyDelete