Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 3 Volunteering

A lot was accomplished today and we still had some room for fun. Before we headed out we got some snacks at a 7-11. 7-11's are beautiful down here, they are one of very few places with (amazing!) air conditioning.

Basically we spent the entire day mixing cement and hauling buckets down to where we were going to lay the foundation. It was hot today, and wearing a shirt is uncomfortable so I used it as a head wrap. Yes mom, I used lots of of sunblock and drank lots of water;).

The cement is finally finished though, we spent so long doing it we had a late lunch and just rested for a while.

Our songtail keeps getting stuck. There's this one muddy patch in the road that is crazy annoying and keeps getting the truck stuck. We want to lay down a bunch of rocks or something to fix the problem. Below is a crappy pic i took of one of us helping push it up the hill on a different road it got stuck on.

After work today we headed to a reservoir and swam around to refresh. The water felt amazing after the long day. As we were about to leave a girl dropped her waterproof camera in the lake, so we spent around 15 minutes looking for it. Luckily, Adam had goggles and found the camera (even though the water wasn't remotely visible).

It's been another great day in Thailand. Tomorrow is our last day of our project for the week and then we have a 2 day break!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Connor! I just cant picture a 7-11 in Thailand. Maybe you should get a picture and post it? What sorts of foods do they sell? Not to sure how I would feel about the foods there.
    I guess fruits and vegis would work for me. I must be alot like your mom! Genetics you know.
    Be safe and I sooo wish I was there helping tooo. Eli doesnt understand being in a different country so I am at the library and will try to find a book so he understands a little better. Proud of you !

    ReplyDelete